Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Carrot cake

Abang ( hubby) dont like to eat cakes. The children eat little of them. I love to bake. Therefor i'll bake when we got invitation makan-makan where i have lots of victim to eat my .. So called experiement :).

Today a friend invited me and friends to her house for kenduri doa selamat. So here goes my chance to bake!!.
I have never make a carrot cake in my life so, i google a recipe and start...

Its a succes... At least my friends thinks so, so here let me share the recipe.

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 ts vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 ts baking soda
2 ts baking powder
1/2 ts salt
2 ts ground cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup choped pecan

Cheese icing
1/2 cup butter
8 ounces creme cheese
2 cups icing sugar
1 ts vanilla
1 cup choped pecan ( optional)

Directions
1) preheat oven 180 celcius
2)beat eggs, oil , sugar, vanilla. Add dry ingredients( flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon). Stir in carrots and pecan
3) bake with 2-3 pan ( if you wish to have layered cheesecake) . 180c 50 minutes.
4) frosting - beat buttr, creme cheese, icing sugar and vanilla.

I did a 3 layered carrot cake so that i have more cheese frosting in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment